Thursday, January 31, 2008

Have got into the habit of forcing myself to go either jogging or briskly walking every day. I know New Year resolutions are only supposed to last for three weeks, but (and I apologize about this) I’ve decided to go for it just a little longer.

Anyway, yesterday’s brisk stroll around Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens was especially eventful. I might even go as far as calling it exciting. I met a goose.



But it wasn’t the meeting in itself that was so thrilling. I mean, I’ve met up with geese before. Loads of times. But this time I made a discovery! I don’t really know what this could eventually lead to, or what sort of implications this could have for future research, but here goes:

Have you ever noticed how incredibly similar a goose is to a T-rex? No? Look at this:




They move almost exactly the same (possibly apart from the flying)! And they look really similar when they eat. Or at least when they swallow. And when they scream (in their own geesy kind of way) they are always standing in almost exactly the same position as T-Rex does!
But they sound different. They do sound different…I am prepared to admit to that. (But that’s more or less about it.)

Think about it for a while. Maybe a couple of days. Then go visit your local park! See what happens.

For some extra T-Rex-trial action - bring bread!

2 comments:

Herb Alchemist said...

How do you know what a T-rex looks like when it eats? You have a time machine don't you!

Elise said...

I'm impressed that you've kept your New Year resolution.

The goose does look a little like a t-rex. I once saw a duck that looked like my ex boyfriend. Its fun to look at things and see more than whats infront of you xx