Tuesday, January 15, 2008

There's a program on bbc2 at the moment called "Extreme Dreams", where a group of contestants has to go on an extreme journey to face and overcome their fears. In one series they were crossing a jungle and in the next/last one, they crossed the island of Svalbard, sleeping in tents among (assumably) hungry polar bears!

Seeing that was when I decided that I really wanted to try to get on the show and have tried to apply ever since, but unfortunately it hasn't been open for applications for the next series yet. But when it is...when it is...



The guy presenting the show, Ben Fogle, has done an incredible amount of very, very challenging (and weird!) things in the past, like spend a whole year on a deserted island. He means that everything he's done has changed both him as a person and his whole perspective of life. I want to do something like that! I really, really do! It literally hurts me watching these people when I'm not able to join myself. For now.

At the moment, I'm stuck with fighting a T-Rex on my computer. Exciting. (Well, actually he's a bit scary, but I mean...)

Oh, by the way, there's another thing I saw/heard that I just have to mention:

"Have you thought about the fact that each and everyone of us has all won a race against millions and millions of others?"

Think about it! Isn't is pretty mindblowing? We are all incredible winners! :)

No comments: