Thursday, October 18, 2007

Weird things happened yesterday.

I went to IKEA to get a shower curtain, a lamp and a few other bits and came home with christmas scented candles, christmas scented shower gel, christmas scented washing up liquid, christmas flavoured crisp bread, christmas flavoured tea, christmas flavoured ginger bread (how the hell can ginger bread have a christmas flavour? As in opposed to what exactly? Easter flavoured ones?!) and swedish glogg (which is similar to english mulled wine or german gluhwein - but better! Although it's NOT similar to the disgusting belgian version of a glass of hot red wine with a couple of lemon slices swimming around in it...oh lord! Brrr....)

There were christmas carols and santa clauses and somehow I lost my sense of reality and perception of time and found myself starting to worry about where I could get a christmas tree and if maybe it would already be too late? I almost had to slap myself back to reality when I began to wonder wether I should get myself a reindeer or not - a real one!
But then I got a text message and caught a glimpse of the date on the display of my mobile phone...the 17th of bloody october!!! How surreal was that?!?

Speaking of surreal - weird stuff continued to happen...
On my way to the bus I saw a shop selling "bubblegum flavoured sweets"! I had to try them. I just couldn't believe it! And I was also quite surprised that there was even a need for this product to exist. Bubblegums usually, no actually not usually - always, come in flavours. Flavours like cherry or banana or mint. I've never in my entire life seen bubblegum flavoured bubblegum! And if THAT doesn't exist, well, then what are the bubblegum flavoured sweets based on? Do you see what I mean? Stuff like this can't just be accepted, they have to be investigated! Taken care of.

So I bought the sweets. Ate them. Guess what - turns out they taste of bubblegum! What do you know...

Am in a ridiculous hurry! Meeting a friend outside the cinema in...ehh..soon, and according to my experinence cinemas are a little bit like trains and planes and stuff like that - they just don't wait for you! The cheek...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Schysst,

Ngn som är tidig i sitt förberedande för julen, enligt listan har du allt utom trädet!?

Ha de gött!