Monday, May 19, 2008

Well, the weather is back to crap, but that’s relatively ok, because this time I was prepared! I knew from experience that this would evidently happen, so I’ve been happily sunbathing in the park and the beach, and even been swimming in the sea in Brighton! So, this time, who’s laughing? Me or the clouds? I’d say me!! Me 1 – British weather 0!

Brighton is such a happy place! It’s sort of impossible not to be in a good mood when you’re there! It’s so summery and everybody is eating cotton candy and stuff like apples on a stick dipped in sugary syrup. Just the sort of thing you loved doing when you were a kid, so I guess you kind of regress to an earlier stage of your life the second you arrive. You start jumping up and down and getting an indescribable urge to pull your mums skirt! Well…

Just found out that apparently I’m going to Rimini in Italy in the beginning of July! Cool! Never been to Rimini! Nicola texted me earlier today explaining that a friend of hers was getting a group of people together to pop down since he’d found some really cheap deal. £12.70 return. Well, how can you say no to that? :)


I don’t understand how the airlines do it, but when me and Joanna went to Stockholm and Portugal in Sept/Oct last year we paid £0.02 each – incl taxes and fees…return! It’s crazy! But am I complaining? :D

AND…Sweden lost the semi-final to Canada. :( Not sure how to deal with that new found pain, but since I didn’t even know about the World Cup until Thursday, I guess there is a way to live life without a gold medal after all. (Really??)

No comments: