Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I had a date with myself on Sunday. And not just any date, but one that I had really been looking forward to! I had been busy every night the whole week going to the gym, meeting with some writers and a publisher and been out partying both Friday and Saturday, so Sunday was going to be my day of rest. Oh, lovely Sunday…

Saturday was Nicolas birthday which she celebrated in a club in the basement of a church. Absolutely loved it! :)


It’s was fabulous! I arrived at around 22:30 and didn’t go home until 07. That’s the equivalent of a whole working day of partying! That’s pretty well done, I reckon. But there were others who stayed out equally long who had been there since 20:00, so not worth a medal I guess.

Had a really good time! And it was great seeing so many of the people we all know at once! In fact the whole night went so quick it felt like I was there for about two hours or so! That’s definitely a good sign meaning the party went well! Good job Nicola! (But then again, your parties are always great, so not much of a surprise, really…) :-D

So the plan was to stay in bed for pretty much the whole next day watching a couple of DVDs I hadn’t seen. But after a while I had only one unseen dvd left, one that I really didn’t want to see.


It’s called “Rules of Engagement” and is from 2000. I don’t really know why I’ve got it. If you don’t know what it’s about, just try to imagine the most masculine film ever made. Then add some testosterone. Then add 20-30 soldiers and some rifles. And some green clothes.
I HATE war movies. They make me very, very sleepy! So I had absolutely no wish whatsoever to see this film.

But then I thought, “I’m running behind with my weird-things-to-do-list”. This is a great opportunity to catch up, really. (For info about “weird things to do” – check earlier posts.)
Seeing this movie would be exactly what I’m aiming for by keeping my list. Instead of doing things the way you normally would, do something different! Choose a movie you normally wouldn’t want to see. Eat something you’ve always avoided. That way you discover new things, new perspectives. It’s healthy. So suddenly I knew I had to see the damned film.

It was only 1,58 hours long. I’m a strong person, I could do this. I made myself feel determined!

I had to rewind the first eight minutes 14 times since I started day dreaming 12 of them and fell asleep twice. And the rest of the experience wasn’t particularly different.


-“Colonel! Where are you?!” Bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam
-“Sergeant?!”


Did I take the laundry in? Oh, right, I did. Pity..

-“Colonel? Can you hear me?!”
-“Sergeant??!” Bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam

“We can do this!” Bam bam bam “Kill the motherfuckers!”
Bam bam bam bam bam

Maybe I could wash something else? Or do some mopping? That somehow feels exciting…

Bam bam bam bam ouuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii BAAAM!!

-“Colonel??”

(Now someone shouting in the street): -“Get away from my fucking daffodil!!!”

Daffodils. I wonder if I should have bought that yellow top I saw in the shop last week after all…

-"Sergeant? Three o’ clock sir! Let’s take the bastards down!” Bam bam bam bam bam bam

…but me being blonde, it would just make me look like a chicken. That would be silly. It’s not even Easter.

-“Colonel??! Are you there?” Bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam

Maybe I should make some pop corn? That might be what’s missing with this movie…

Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop

Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam


-“Sergeant!! Can you see me!”

You’re wearing camouflaged clothes in the jungle, so no, probably not bloody likely! Jeeez…

Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop

Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam


-“Colonel?!!”

Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam

-“Sergeant!!”


About 45 minutes later after snoozing I woke up by something that sounded like a “BAM”.

-“Colonel?!! Can you see me?!!!”


Today a friend gave me a suggestion. She meant that it would be more of a challenge if she was allowed to decide what my next “weird thing to do” would be. I explained that that didn’t feel reasonable at all, but nevertheless I might consider it. Unless it was something down right
stupid.

-“See the movie twice! THAT would be weird!”

Clearly I’ll be sending less Christmas cards than normal this year.












-“Colonel??!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know what? After reading this I feel I've simply got to see this movie! I'm serious! :D